We are looking for people who have a real passion about our Island and who would like to contribute to making IOW Day a great success. Even if you can only spare a couple of hours a week we would love to hear from you and to get you involved.
You do not need to have any specialist skills, just be enthusiastic about IOW Day and be able to work with a variety of people.
The types of roles you might be asked to undertake are very varied, and will depend on the time you can commit, but could include:
- Attending the various events being held on IOW Day e.g. coastline clean up, Parade and After Party, and providing information, handing out promotional material, marshalling, supporting set up and take down activities.
- Supporting events happening in the run up to IOW Day e.g. Island’s Got Talent, Arts Project, Dish of the Day, Songs of Praise, as needed by the event organisers. This could include helping with logistics and providing information on the day.
- Providing transport/moving items for events.
- Supporting PR and Promotional activities e.g. handing out bunting, encouraging local involvement.
- Any other roles that arise!
If you would like to join us in waving a flag for our Island then please get in touch and we can get you on board!