- This event has passed.
It’s a Knockout! Do you Dare?
September 22, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This year, for the first time ever, Isle of Wight Day will be holding an It’s a Knock Out competition in the gardens of Northwood House, Cowes after the big parade celebrations on the 22nd September 2018. If you would love to test your agility and skills against rushing water, wobbly platforms and crazy inflatables then you will need to get together a team of 10 and register for this event. We are looking for teams and individuals that are brave enough to take on the challenge!
– You must register by 7th September
– You must be willing to get wet!
– You must be at least 1.4 metres tall or 18 years old, have read & fully understood & accept the terms & conditions of entry.
– The cost to enter a team of 10 people is £250
– You can enter as an individual at a cost of £30 per person and we will allocate you to a teamRegister now
Terms and Conditions
I accept full responsibility for my use of any and all equipment and facilities operated by the Knockout Challenge at my own risk and shall not hold The Knockout Challenge, its employees or agents liable for any and all loss, claim, injury, damage, or liability sustained by me resulting therefrom, except as a result of any negligent act or omission of The Knockout Challenge or its employees or agents. I accept that the activities that will be offered could be strenuous and demanding and that good health and a degree of fitness level is required.
1. Anyone under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will be excluded from the games without question.
2. Previous medical problems must be made known to Knockout Challenge prior to the commencement of the competition. Particularly broken bones and dislocations. Knockout Challenge may exclude entrants they feel are not suitable to take part in.
3. Games must be carried out as demonstrated or explained only. Participants should only compete to a level which safely matches their own ability and not over stretch themselves where they may affect their own or others safety.
4. It is a fun games, and as such bad behaviour or bad sportsmanship is not allowed. Anyone whose behaviour is considered disruptive or dangerous to the games or other participants will be asked to leave.
5. Suitable foot wear such as “trainers” should be worn at all times, no bare feet except such games where specifically permitted.
6. WET GAMES. Some games may include the use of water and “bubbles”/foam. Participants must take extra care on games that have wet surfaces so that they do not slip. Excess speed or bad grip from footwear may increase this likelihood. This includes games that have become wet because of inclement weather conditions.
7. Entrants under 1.4 metres tall or 18 years old will be placed in their own teams. Children can only participate with their parent or guardians consent.
8. To comply with HSE guidelines any injuries that occur during the games must be reported to a member of the Knockout Challenge staff. Knockout Challenge must also be notified of any hospital treatment sort after the event as a result of the games as this may need to be reported under the HSE RIDDOR system.
9. Only those that have signed this Entry Form and are willing to comply will be allowed to participate.
10. Participants of the games give their consent to being photographed or videoed whilst taking part. This may be used for publicity purposes (does not apply to children’s teams).