The island is a place like no other; with its picturesque landscapes and secluded beaches, dramatically beautiful vistas can take your breathe away as you turn a corner. Steeped in literary and geological history, tales of dinosaurs and pirates make an adventure to the island magical, for adults and children alike.
A popular summer holiday destination, the island is the perfect spot for those wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. But as the summer season draws to a close and the crowds disperse, the island becomes an altogether different place – though it remains just as wonderful.
Here are five reasons for you to visit the island this September…
1. The beaches are peaceful and the sea is at its warmest. Dipping a toe in the chilly ocean can be daunting at the best of times, but after a long, hot summer of being warmed by the sun, September is the ideal time for having a splash – and with its clean, well kept beaches, the Isle of Wight is a wonderful place to take a dip!
2. It’s more economical to holiday out of peak season. There’s no getting away from it; hotels, ferries and many attractions run great promotions out of term time – both on the island and elsewhere. Why not take advantage of one of the fantastic discounts from Wightlink, Red Funnel or Hovertravel and visit while the sun still shines?
3. There are a host of fun and exciting events held on the island in September. With the International Classic Car Show, Robin Hill’s Eklectica, and Earth Energies workshops all held during the month, whether you’re into cruising, dancing or something more relaxing, the island has it all on offer.
4. With often slightly cooler climes than in July or August, September is the ideal time for those who love to get active. On land or sea, a huge variety of exciting activities are available, including power boating, kayaking, zorbing and paragliding (and for those who prefer to keep their feet firmly on the ground, there’s no shortage of scenic coastal walks!).
5. Of course, we saved the best till last! Isle of Wight Day is held on the 23rd of September, and with Hovertravel, Wightlink and Red Funnel offering exclusive discounts to those travelling to the island to join in the celebrations, there’s no better time to book your break away. With a host of activities on to suit all tastes and ages, including The Big Parade and Songs of Praise, it promises to be a jam-packed weekend of fun and celebrations. So what are you waiting for?