Make this year’s Isle of Wight Day a family affair, with our special Isle of Wight Day Family Fare – just £15 for five adults travelling by bus.
Taking place over 23rd and 24th September 2017, Isle of Wight Day is about the local community coming together to celebrate everything our wonderful Isle has to offer, as well as raising money for worthy local causes.
To support this exciting event, Southern Vectis are offering a five person Group Rover ticket at a special price of £15, usually £25. The ‘Isle of Wight Day Family Fare’ offers 24-hour unlimited travel for up to five adults for use on regular service buses, working out at just £3 per family member for 24 hours unlimited travel. Kids under five go free!
This discounted family ticket will be available to buy exclusively on Saturday 23rd September using an Isle of Wight Day Family Fare voucher – downloadable here on Facebook.
Simply print off this voucher and give to your driver on 23rd September to redeem your £15 Isle of Wight Day Family Fare. The Family Fare ticket can only be purchased on Saturday 23rd September, but will be valid up until the time stated on the ticket – please see full terms and conditions of the ticket below*.
So grab your bunting and your flags join us for a day out and about on the buses to celebrate Isle of Wight Day!
Why not catch the number 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 or 37 into Ryde with the family on Saturday 23rd September and be a part of Isle of Wight Day’s ‘The Big Parade‘. Promising an electric carnival atmosphere, The Big Parade looks set to be the largest procession of people ever held on the Isle of Wight! Starting at 1300 from Dover Street, the parade will culminate in Simeon Street recreation ground, where the party will continue with food, music and stalls.
As well as the entertainment in Ryde, there will be lots of exciting things to see and do across the whole Isle of Wight – from food festivals and street parties to Songs of Praise and a talent show!
The Britain’s Got Talent inspired ‘Island’s Got Talent’ also takes place on Saturday 23rd at Cowes Enterprise College. Bringing together the best of Island talent, the contest will be judged by Level 42 singer and bassist Mark King, TV presenter Anneka Rice and DJ and Bestival organiser Rob Da Bank. Catch the number 1 from Newport to Parklands Avenue in Cowes and be ready to take your seats ready for the 1830 start.
On Sunday 24th September, Songs of Praise will return to the Island for Isle of Wight Day. Filmed at Cowes Enterprise College, the evening will be introduced by Alan Titchmarsh and features a performance by the Isle of Wight Symphony Orchestra. Catch the 1513 on Route 1 to Parklands Avenue, Cowes ready for the 1600 service start. See the Route 1 Sunday timetable here. Get your tickets for Songs of Praise here.
See the full Isle of Wight Day entertainment schedule online here.
*Terms and Conditions: Isle of Wight Day Family Fare – 24 hour group Rover for five, £15
1. The £15 Isle of Wight Day family fare is exclusive to Isle of Wight Day on 23rd September 2017.
2. The ticket offers unlimited travel for a family of five for a total period of 24 hours. Children under 5s travel free.
3. Those wishing to make use of the Isle of Wight Day family fare must present a printed voucher to the driver when paying. This voucher is available to download on Facebook – www.facebook.com/southernvectis.
4. This ticket is only available to buy on Saturday 23rd September 2017 and will be valid for the full 24 hours post purchase. However, vouchers will not be accepted before or after 23rd September.
5. The Isle of Wight Day family fare will not be accepted on the Needles Breezer or Island Coaster, but is valid across all other Southern Vectis buses.
6. The Isle of Wight Day family fare voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternative journey. It is for a five person 24 hour Rover only.
7. This promotion is operated by Southern Vectis. Full terms and conditions apply.